Yacoub operation, aimed at valve-sparing aortic root replacement, is performed to treat aortic root aneurysm with aortic regurgitation. Here we first report a successful transcatheter aortic valve implantation with a balloon-expandable prosthetic valve in an elderly patient having severe aortic valve stenosis and a small sinus of Valsalva 17 years after the Yacoub operation.
In transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) for aortic valve stenosis with a small sinus of Valsalva post-Yacoub operation, the use of a balloon-expandable prosthetic valve may be desirable for the TAVI; a detailed analysis of the anatomy of the valve-sparing aortic root with computed tomography is essential for the valve selection.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Cardiology Cases
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Remodeling of the aortic valve anulus.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1993; 105: 435-438
- Repair of the aortic valve in patients with aortic insufficiency and aortic root aneurysm.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1995; 109: 345-352
- Failures of valve-sparing aortic root replacement using the root remodeling technique.Ann Thorac Surg. 2022; 113: 2000-2006
- Transcatheter aortic-valve implantation for aortic stenosis in patients who cannot undergo surgery.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 1597-1607
- Remodeling operation for unruptured aneurysms of three sinuses of Valsalva.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2005; 129: 951-952
- Transfemoral transcatheter aortic valve implantation for treatment of severe aortic regurgitation in a patient with previous aortic valve-sparing operation according to David.Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2017; 18: 611-615
- JCS/JCC/JSCS/JSVS/JATS 2021 Guideline on catheter intervention for congenital heart disease and structural heart disease 2021.
Published online: March 07, 2023
Accepted: February 9, 2023
Received in revised form: January 19, 2023
Received: September 30, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
© 2023 Japanese College of Cardiology. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.